The Resort Group PLC was founded in 2007 by Rob Jarrett, who translated his success in banking and financial services into the overseas property market with luxury property sales and the development of high quality tourist destinations.
The Resort Group PLC quickly established itself as one of the most respected luxury Resort hospitality brands in the overseas market, delivering on its promise of luxury Resorts managed by globally recognised hotel operators.
- 2007 – Founded by Rob Jarrett
- 2011- The Group’s first Resort, MELIÃ Tortuga Beach Resort opened in May 2011 and has won Cape Verde’s leading Hotel in the World Travel Awards in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. It has produced a consistently strong and growing level of occupancy since its launch.
- 2014 – MELIÃ Dunas Beach Resort & Spa, opened in November 2014 and was named Best Lifestyle Resort Worldwide 2015, Best Hotel in Cabo Verde and ranked 7th in the World amongst Top 30 Hotel Resorts by Hotel of the Year Awards.
- 2016 – Five-star luxury adult only Resorts, TUI Sensimar Cabo Verde and MELIÃ Llana Beach Resort & Spa open, together with Bikini Beach, Cape Verde’s first premium beach club
- 2017 – TRG has a further ten projects in the pipeline for the islands, beginning with White Sands Hotel & Spa (Boa Vista).